Block, Panel, Pod
It has been estimated that the effective application of EPS insulation could cut carbon dioxide emissions by up to 50%.
Block moulded EPS has a myriad of uses – from geofoam supporting major roadways to intricate architectural moldings.
With its lightweight nature, enduring strength, and unwavering stability, expanded polystyrene (EPS) outperforms conventional fill materials in a wide range of civil and building applications, establishing itself as a remarkably versatile and reliable product. The ease with which geofoam can be cut and shaped directly at the construction site ensures smooth progress of your project, allowing you to adhere to your schedule without unnecessary delays.
Large blocks of EPS (typically 5000 x 1200 x 600 mm) are cut, shaped or bonded to provide the following products and applications:
- insulation for cold storage buildings
- insulated rendered wall systems
- geofoam – lightweight fill used in civil engineering applications such as roadways and bridge on/off ramps
- lightweight cores for bridge beam construction
- floatation for pontoons and marinas
- insulation for wine tanks and pipe work
- insulation for buildings with or without reflective foil facings
- theming for movie sets and amusement parks
- insulated concrete form-work (ICFs) for buildings (cut from block or custom molded)
- decorative architectural moldings for building applications
- floatation for boats, jet-skis and surfboards
Insulated sandwich panels are single piece factory engineered units typically comprised of two metal faces bonded to a fully insulating core. The facings are fully bonded to the core so that the panel acts compositely when under load, in most cases, providing free standing and load bearing panels.
The majority of EPS panels manufactured in Australia are made with an EPS core sandwiched between two Colorbond steel facings.
EPS Panel is a proven construction material well-suited to the extremes of the Australian climate. It is a cost-effective, lightweight construction material with excellent insulation properties.
- High load bearing capacity at low weight
- Effective and durable thermal insulation
- Absolute water and vapour barrier
- Air-tightness for controlled environments
- Long life, low maintenance
- Lightweight, fast and economic construction
- Hygienic food grade finish
- Most cost effective insulation material available
- Australian manufacture permits shorter lead times and prompt delivery
For over a decade expanded polystyrene Pods have been improving the construction of domestic housing slabs, making them safer and cost effective.
EPS Pods have contributed to a revolution in slab construction methods. Enabling stronger better-engineered slabs to be constructed faster and cost effectively over traditional methods. Much of the back-breaking manual work associated with traditional concreting of house slabs has been eliminated.
EPS pods are unaffected by water. They are safer as there are no trenches to cave in during construction or in rainy weather. Not only does this save time and work in restoring the trenches it eliminates the uncertainty of maintaining the correct beam widths and thicknesses. It also removes the uncertainty of completion time due to wet weather.
The inclusion of EPS Pods in a slab adds an insulation benefit up to R 1.0 (w/mK thermal resistance). This benefit reduces energy consumption in the house and when multiplied by the many houses that have used them has a significant effect on reducing greenhouse gas emissions thus making a very positive contribution to the environment.
Our Airpop Pod Code of Practice can be found here. This demonstrates our commitment to distribution and clean up responsibilities by EPSA registered Pod moulders. When you purchase Pods from EPSA members, you can be assured at all times that they will act in accordance with this Code of Practice.